Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam’s national football team continued standing at the top place of the Southeast Asian region, ranking 103rd in the FIFA World Rankings in April, according to the Vietnam Football Federation.
The team received 38 points from a recent draw with Jordan in the Asian Cup 2019’s qualifiers, bringing them total 331 points. The result helped the Vietnamese team rank 17th in Asia and seeded No.3 at the tournament’s final round by the Asian Football Confederation (AFC).
In Southeast Asia, the Philippines was the second best team, which ranked 113rd in the world. It was followed by Thailand (world No.122), Myanmar (world No.135), Indonesia (world No.162), Cambodia (world No.168), Malaysia (world No.170), Laos (world No.179), Timor Leste (world No.190) and Brunei (world No.194).
Germany remains on top of the FIFA World Rankings, followed by Brazil and Belgium. Switzerland and France moved two positions to 6th and 7th places. Meanwhile, Portugal ranked 4th, Argentina 5th, Spain 8th and Poland 10th. -VNA
- 10 places to watch the World Cup final in San Antonio
- Report: Second Trump-Kim Summit to Take Place March or April in Vietnam
- 10 Places You Should Not Take Your Daughter On Take Your Daughter To Work Day
- 10 Places in America Every Car Lover Needs To Visit
- These are the 20 best soccer players in the world, as ranked by the new “FIFA 19” video game
- Here’s how to watch Top Rank Boxing: Lomachenko vs. Crolla with ESPN Plus
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update review: It's about the little things
- Google will promote original reporting in its search rankings
- Ubuntu 18.10 is out now. Here’s what’s new [Review]
- Windows 10 in 2019: Changes, features and enhancements we expect