Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will attend the third Mekong River Commission (MRC) Summit in Siem Reap, Cambodia, from April 4th-5th at the invitation of Prime Minister Samdech Techo Hun Sen (Photo: VNA) The event, themed “Joint Efforts and Partnership towards Achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals in the Mekong”, will create an opportunity for countries to review the operation of the MRC over the past four years and work to realise sustainable development goals. Vietnam has actively participated in regional and international organisations such as the MRC, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), the Asia-Europe Meeting (ASEM), the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Forum, the United Nations (UN), the World Water Forum (WWF), the Global Water Partnership (GWP) and the International Rivers (IR) as well as enhanced cooperation with department partners such as the World Bank (WB) and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) to enhance effective management of water resources in the Mekong River. Vietnam hosted the second MRC in Ho Chi Minh city in April 2014. In 2015, the country held a panel discussion on water security within the framework of the 132nd Inter-Parliamentary Union Assembly (IPU-132) in March and an international workshop calling for joint actions in… Read full this story
- 'Non-contact' Mekong River joint patrol begins
- MoIT plans sustainable development of national brand
- An Phat Holdings makes fresh move towards sustainable development
- Vietnam contributes to WHO’s COVID-19 response fund
- China to further promote space cooperation for UN sustainable development
- Farmer’s reservoir soothes thirst in Vietnam’s salinity-hit Mekong Delta
- Asia Property Awards honors Vingroup as Vietnam’s best developer
- China limited the Mekong’s flow. Other countries suffered a drought.
- Plan to develop Binh Phuoc into industrialised province by 2030
- India expresses concern over decline in contributions to UNDP
Vietnam contributes to sustainable development in Mekong River have 306 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at April 2, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.