Vietnam’s Ministry of Planning and Investment has suggested opening the door for private companies to access official development assistance (ODA) and concessionary loans from overseas providers in a new draft decree. If the decree is approved, private enterprises will be able to access and utilize ODA and preferential loans within the country’s current credit limit to implement legal activities in accordance with the international treaty on ODAs and loan procedures followed by the foregin organizations. Private enterprises will act as capital contributors on projects under the form of public-private-partnerships (PPP) that use ODA and preferential loans as government investments; and also obtain ODA through the commercial banking system, for which the banks will take full credit risk. The draft also suggests a seven-step management mechanism: the use of ODA and preferential loans, include ODA mobilization; construct, select and suggest projects; appraisal establishment; approval of investment policy; negotiate and sign international treaties; agree on terms; implementation, management and completion of the project. Vietnam has been receiving preferential loans from multilateral and bilateral financial institutions such as the World Bank, Asia Development Bank and International Monetary Fund, and countries such as Japan, France, Denmark and Canada since 1993. In July 2017, after… Read full this story
- Pentagon clearance for iOS could open even more doors for Apple in the private sector
- Act or react? Fostering a tactical mindset within the private sector
- Private sector fights on despite cybersecurity bill's failure
- Bill Would Give Feds Private Sector Cybersecurity Role
- IT projects: Is the private sector really better at getting them right?
- Public Sector Workers Lack 'Skills for Private Sector'
- Schmidt: Private Sector Key to Stopping Google-style Attacks
- Spy centre 'could sell' expertise to private sector
- Getting stuff done: Public vs private sector edition
- Obama Budget Ups DHS Cybersecurity Spending as Congress Considers Expanding Agency Private Sector Authority
Vietnam considers granting private sector access to ODA have 316 words, post on e.vnexpress.net at April 28, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.