General Secretary Trong congratulated China on successfully organising the 2018 sessions of the National People’s Congress (NPC) and the People’s Political Consultative Conference (PPCC) and electing the State and Government leadership for the new tenure. He also congratulated Wang Yi on being appointed State Councillor and Foreign Minister of China.
He affirmed that the Vietnamese Party and State always treasure the friendly neighbourliness and sound cooperation with China, stressing that the two sides need to enhance friendship, cooperation, mutual support and common development in the time ahead.
The host leader asked both sides to adhere to the common perceptions between leaders of the two Parties and countries and the reached agreements. They also need to seriously implement the agreement on basic principles guiding the settlement of sea-related issues, control disagreements well, take no actions to complicate the situation, and together make efforts to maintain peace and stability in the East Sea.
For his part, Wang Yi said he is happy to pay an official visit to Vietnam and attend the sixth Greater Mekong Sub-region Summit. He also congratulated Vietnam on successfully hosting the summit.
He informed his host about the outcomes of his visit and the recent sessions of the NPC and the PPCC.
He affirmed that the Chinese Party, Government and people attach special importance to the relationship with Vietnam. He noted with satisfaction the new strides in all fields of bilateral cooperation, asking the two sides to continue increasing strategic exchanges and cooperation, control sea-related disagreements well, and maintain the positive trend in the two Parties and countries’ relations./.CPV/VNA
- Microsoft partners with Chinese state-owned defense conglomerate to promote, sell Windows 10 to government
- General Motors hosts ads attacking Chevy SUV
- Advocate Lutheran General to host marrow registry drive
- After turmoil in Rajasthan unit of BSP, Mayawati dissolves party's working committee of the state
- China is BOUND TO fall apart without the Communist Party, Beijing declares
- GOP-controlled state government in Wisconsin strips power from incoming Democrat governor, AG
- Party greater than any individual, says new chief of Karnataka BSP
- Nine states have not followed procedure in rejecting claims of tribals: SC
- Chinese leaders extend Spring Festival greetings
- Xi tells Chinese youth to dare to dream