Mr. Van said it is a peak season which the bird will come to the reserve to find food in border crossings such as Giang Thanh and Kien Luong in the province.
The related agencies are creating good environment for the animal to live.
Through observing, reserve employees saw over 40 red-crowned cranes.
With a core area of 940ha and a belt area of 1,700ha, the Phu My reserve the only bang grass ecosystem in the delta that is seasonal habitat for the cranes.
By VINH THUAN – Translated by UYEN PHUONG
- Red-headed cranes return to Phu My Reserve
- Red-crowned cranes leave Vietnam for Cambodia
- Number of red-crowned cranes increases in Mekong Delta
- Vietnam's red-crowned cranes number nearly 400
- Red-headed cranes return to Kien Giang
- Phu Quoc – a jade island in Kien Giang province
- Red headed cranes return to Tay Ninh
- Red-headed cranes leave south VN province for Cambodia
- Invasive slider found in Kien Giang Province