Through the glass doors, beyond the giant camera logo and before the artisan coffee stand, visitors to Instagram’s headquarters in Menlo Park, Calif., are invited to pause and commemorate the moment. Along one wall are three brightly painted dioramas: a night sky, a moonscape, and a pink sunrise with white plastic clouds in the foreground. The depictions, evoking the company’s famous photo filters, are joined by arched doorways so guests can step between the three sets, taking a portrait in each.That this display celebrates a now instantly recognizable form—the selfies shared within Instagram’s smartphone app—is a testament to the company’s success and cultural impact. But what’s missing from this scene is any sign of Facebook.Since 2012, when Facebook Inc. bought the 13-person company for $715 million, Facebook’s way of doing business has been central to the rise of the photo-sharing network. In its earliest years as a Facebook property, Instagram operated out of the same building where founder Mark Zuckerberg worked. Today, Instagram’s 700 employees work in offices that lack any visible evidence of its corporate parentage, even though they’re just a five-minute bus ride from the mother ship. The company has its own mission statement—“To strengthen relationships through shared… Read full this story
- Nike, Strava and Instagram: 10 of the best apps for runners
- Best of 2019: Seven acts of kindness that went viral
- The Best Social Media Moments of the Decade
- The 24 Absolute Best Movies of the 2010s
- 8 Things You Should NOT Be Doing on Instagram
- Little Mix's Leigh-Anne Pinnock looks effortlessly cool as she sits on the back of a motocross bike
- The best web browsers for 2020
- Letter from Africa: What is it like to report a terror attack?
- World Athletics President Promises More Innovation, Hopes to Attract More Youngsters to Sport
- Nintendo Switch Black Friday 2019: Best deals and bundles
Instagram Looks Like Facebook’s Best Hope have 325 words, post on www.bloomberg.com at April 10, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.