|A health worker takes care for a patient with mental disorder (Source: nld.vn)|
Giang made the call during a working session of the Committee for Cultural and Social Affairs under the municipal People’s Council on April 10.
Director of the city’s main mental hospital Trinh Tat Thang said the hospital provides checkups and treatment for about 6,800 patients each year, representing an annual rise of 10-15%.
At the same time, the hospital is also responsible for the management, treatment and rehabilitation of 10,000 schizophrenics and 8,000 epileptics through a network of 24 district clinics and 320 communal health stations.
Despite the tasks, the hospital has only 500 beds and 61 doctors.
Dr Thang said the city needs 1,500 more beds to meet the rising demand for mental health care.
He added that hard work and low salary make it difficult for the hospital to hire more staff.
According to the doctor, the most common mental diseases recorded in recent years include anxiety disorder, depression, alcohol addiction, epilepsy and schizophrenia. Notably, neurosis cases related to stimulants are rising in young people, he added.
At the session, head of the Committee for Cultural and Social Affairs Thi Thi Tuyet Nhung instructed relevant agencies, especially the municipal Health Department to devise a plan to address the problems of the mental hospital.
- Britney Spears to spend a month in mental health facility, report says
- County staff to develop plan for improving mental health services with crisis care centers and expanding services
- Suicidal thoughts and other mental health problems drive more youth to emergency rooms
- Ohio must ensure equal mental health access for all racial, ethnic groups: report
- A compassionate decision on mental health center in Elk River
- Maine seeks flexibility in Medicaid spending to address opioid, mental health issues
- Memorial students advocate for better mental health services
- Nurses union, Franklin County officials to speak out against Baystate plan to consolidate mental health care
- Mullin urges Congress to renew mental health program as funding nears end
- Living near — and spending time in — urban parks and other green spaces linked to better mental health
- Alaska Mental Health Trust Grants More than $2.1 Million to Organizations Across Alaska
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Opens $19M Suicide Prevention Center in Century City
HCM City urged to improve mental health facilities have 355 words, post on english.vov.vn at April 11, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.