All museums around the country will allow free entrance on May 18 to mark International Museum Day. On May 18, International Museum Day, entrance to all museums in the country will be free.— Photo: vtr.org The Department of Cultural Heritage has called on museums to focus on the content of their websites, social networking and smartphone applications. They need to study and identify their target visitors to develop appropriate IT tools, it said. The International Council of Museums (ICOM) has encouraged museums around the world to adopt the theme of “Hyper connected museum: New approaches, new publics” this year to mark the day. It said the aim of the day is to raise awareness that museums highlight cultural diversity and can bring about mutual understanding and peace among peoples. The number of museums participating in International Museum Day is increasing every year. Last year more than 36,000 of them in 157 countries had participated. — VNS
- News Free admission to 9 museums on International Museum Day
- Five museums not to miss on International Museum Day
- International Yoga Day returns to five Indonesian cities
- News MRT gives free rides on Labor Day
- Maxx Corner Will Serve Free Beverages on Kartini Day
- On International Migrants Day, a sea change for Thai fishing?
- Museum Day: Free Admission At These Tennessee Museums Saturday
- Museum Day 2019: Free Admission To These 99 Virginia, DC Museums
- Surakarta celebrates International Dance Day with more than 5,000 dancers
- San Mig Light shines bright on International Beer Day
Free entrance on International Museum Day have 253 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at April 16, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.