Core inflation is the CPI exclusive of fresh food, energy and State-run health and education services.
Under a recent guidance of the Deputy Prime Minister, the State Bank of Vietnam (SBV) was requested to manage monetary and fiscal policies to ensure inflation control targets.
The central bank needs to control currency supply and balance foreign currency sources from foreign investment, while controlling the total credit in terms of both structure and quality.
It was also urged to take measures to stablise exchange and interest rates.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade (MoIT) will work with the Ministry of Finance to manage domestic petroleum prices via the reasonable use of the price stabilisation fund, thus stablising the price of the commodity.
The MoIT will be responsible for managing power price in line with the price management scenario in 2018.
It is forecast that the next nine months, price increase pressure will come mainly from market-related factors such as the price recovery of petroleum and key materials in the world market, and the implementation of market price roadmap for public services such as health care, education and those using State budget.-VNA
- Deputy PM Truong Hoa Binh meets Bulgarian President
- International law must be upheld in East Sea, says Vietnamese Deputy PM
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh attends G77 ministerial meeting
- Deputy PM meets with Vietnamese expats in Bulgaria
- Cat Linh-Ha Dong railway must run this year: Deputy PM
- Former Deputy PM discusses gov’t spending
- High hopes as two young ministers nominated as deputy PMs
- Deputy PM: Diplomatic service contributes to national successes
- Deputy PM pays official visit to Singapore
- Belgian Deputy PM stresses water protection’s importance