The Costa Atlantic cruise ship
The port has already greeted 53 international cruise ships with more than 77,000 visitors and crew in the first quarter of the year.
“With the appearance of cruise liners of famous firms to Tien Sa Port, the number of international maritime tourists to the central city in the coming time is expected to increase sharply in quantity and quality,” Mr. Nguyen Huu Sia, General Director of Da Nang Port Joint Stock Company, said.
On April 12th, Italy’s Costa Atlantica carrying more than 2,000 travelers and crew docked at Tien Sa Port, marking the first time a cruise ship of the leading cruise firm in Europe, Costa Crociere S.P.A, arrived in Da Nang.
Around the same time, Seven Seas Voyager of the US’s Prestige Cruise Holding firm also docked at Tien Sa Port for the first time. The ship is 42,363 Gross Tonnage in weight, 206.5 meter in length and has a capacity of 1,100 people, with many diversified conveniences.
After docking at Tien Sa, tourists on the two cruise ships were taken to Hoi An ancient town in Quang Nam, Hue ancient capital in Thua Thien – Hue, Ba Na Hills and Marble Mountains./.BTA
- Vietjet Air launches Da Nang-Tokyo air route
- Pelindo III to welcome 153 cruise ship arrivals in 2019
- Vietjet launches Da Nang-Tokyo route
- Hilton opens in Da Nang
- Vietnam Airlines opens Can Tho – Da Nang route
- Da Nang seeks to boost trade, investment ties with Canada
- New luxury river cruise ships set to sail Nile and Mekong rivers next year
- The 10 best large cruise ships for people who love food
- Indian President visits Da Nang Museum of Cham Sculpture, My Son Sanctuary
- Cruise line workers reveal one of the biggest disadvantages of living on a cruise ship