Vietnam will place No 103 in April’s world ranking after their 1-1 draw against Jordan at the 2019 Asian Cup qualifier in Amman on Tuesday.
Vietnam are close to world top 100 after their competition at the Asian Cup qualification. — Photo VFF
The draw brought Vietnam 38 points for a total of 331 points and helped the team close in on the top 100, a leap of 10 steps forward.
Head coach Park Hang-seo promised to make Vietnam one of the 100 strongest squads in the world when he took charge of the team last October.
With the new ranking, which will be announced on April 12, Vietnam are still No. 1 in the ASEAN, followed by the Philippines and Thailand.
The new position places Vietnam in group three of seeds, together with Iraq, India, Uzbekistan, Qatar and North Korea, at the Asian Cup final next January in the United Arab Emirates.
The Philippines and Thailand also join Vietnam in the UAE tournament, but they are not seeded.
A draw ceremony will be held on April 5 in Dubai. The Cup will be held in eight stadiums across four cities from January 1 to February 1 with the participation of 24 squads.
This will be the second time that Vietnam take part in the continental tournament. Last time, in 2007, the team entered the quarter-finals. — VNS
- Could Afghanistan Be Obama's Vietnam?
- How Dien Bien Phu Led to America’s War in Vietnam
- Can Airbnb Unite The World?
- Misfit CEO Sonny Vu on Vietnam's modern-day success story (Q&A)
- Endangered Species Day 2019: List of Most Threatened Animals and Plants in the U.S. and World
- China tops WHO list for deadly outdoor air pollution
- BDS: how a controversial non-violent movement has transformed the Israeli-Palestinian debate
- UNDP to help Da Nang become a smart city by 2045
- Jin Baofang: Follow the way and act diligently to leave our brand prints in the no man's land
- Hosts Indonesia bid emotional farewell to 18th Asian Games
- Meet the ex-banker who will look after Modicare
- The Decline Of Premium American Fashion Brands. What Happened, Ralph And Tommy?
Vietnam team close to world top 100 have 330 words, post on english.vietnamnet.vn at March 29, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.