National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan speaks at the general debate on migrants and refugees of the 138th IPU Assembly in Geneva on March 25 (Photo: VNA) Geneva (VNA) – Chairwoman of the Vietnamese National Assembly Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan has emphasised that to solve migration crises, it is necessary to enhance cooperation at global level with the active participation of countries and international organisations. Ngan was addressing the first general debate, themed “Strengthening the global regime for migrants and refugees: the need for evidence-based policy solutions”, at the 138th Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) Assembly in Geneva, Switzerland, on March 25 (local time). In her speech, she underscored the need to create a full legal framework to help protect human dignity and rights along with the fundamental freedoms of migrants, while promoting their contributions to the development of each nation in terms of not only economy but also culture and knowledge. The top Vietnamese legislator said as the world’s biggest inter-parliamentary organisation, the IPU should continue taking the lead in promoting cooperation for development among countries. It should encourage the participation of member parliaments in protecting the rights of people and contribute to coping with challenges and risks, particularly those… Read full this story
- Bullock: Disease, fire know no boundaries; calls for cooperation
- Chinese scientists call for cooperation against asteroid threat
- Vietnam Wants to Go Hollywood
- Nigerian President calls for global action on climate change, Lake Chad crisis
- No country can solve its challenges ‘in isolation,’ Gambia President tells UN Assembly
- Vietnam’s No-Nonsense New President Takes Lead
- Vietnam, Indonesia vow to fight illegal fishing, boost trade
- Austria rejects United Nations migration pact to 'defend national sovereignty'
- Deputy Minister Landers to attend the 3rd Indian Ocean Conference in Vietnam
- World Economic Forum Helps Vietnam Bill Itself as a Business Alternative to China
Vietnam calls for stronger cooperation to solve migration crises have 311 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at March 26, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.