The U.S. handed off a significant military package, including six brand-new fast-response Metal Shark patrol boats, to the Vietnam Coast Guard during a ceremony on Phu Quoc Island off southern Vietnam on Thursday. The transfer formed part of the innaugral visit made by Vice Admiral Fred M. Midgette, Commander of the U.S. Coast Guard Pacific Area, to the Southeast Asian country, the U.S. Embassy in Hanoi said in a press release. Vice Admiral Midgette is responsible for all U.S. Coast Guard missions within the half of the world that ranges from the waterways within the Rocky Mountains in North America to the waters off the East Coast of Africa. Aside from the patrol boats, the package was comprised of US$20 million worth of infrastructure and equipment, including a training center, maintenance facility, boat lift, vehicles, and a navigation simulator. The fast-response Metal Shark boats the U.S. handed over to Vietnam are seen on Phu Quoc Island, off southern Vietnam. Photo: U.S. Embassy in Hanoi Vice Admiral Midgette and several other U.S. officials oversaw the handover at Vietnam’s Coast Guard Region 4 station on Phu Quoc, the farthest southwestern territory of Vietnam. The transfer marks “another significant milestone in the bolstering… Read full this story
- Navy's newest patrol boats haven't made it to sea in years
- Navy's $36m patrol boats 'tremendous'
- Vivica A. Fox sets pulses racing in low-cut metallic dress split to thigh at Bad Boys For Life premiere in Hollywood
- Hill.TV's Saagar Enjeti rips Sanders for 'inability to actually fight with bad actors' in party
- Danny Dyer unimpressed after being called a ‘shockingly bad actor’ by Mo Gilligan in old tweet unearthed on Jonathan Ross Show
- Patrol boat gets new life as cosy, costly bach
- Navy gets 250 boats, vessels against militants
- US hails Vietnam’s goodwill, criticizes China’s provocation over sea dispute
- Sharks shut out by Avalanche in Denver
- Cruise Ship Passenger Claims She Broke Her Elbow During White Knuckle Boat Ride Excursion: I Was 'Trying to Be Very, Very Brave'
US transfers six Metal Shark patrol boats for Vietnam’s fight against ‘bad actors’ have 352 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at March 30, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.