Xuan Truong (centre) and Van Thanh (left) are among the 13 Vietnam U23s who have been called up to the national team.
Vietnam will play guest to Jordan in a dead rubber on March 27, as both teams have already booked their places in the finals of next year’s AFC Asian Cup in the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
According to the preliminary squad list, the Republic of Korea coach has called up 13 players of Vietnam’s U23s who produced a convincing runner-up finish in the recent AFC U23 Championship 2018 in China.
Opportunities have been given to goalkeeper Bui Tien Dung, Duy Huy, Duy Manh, Quang Hai, Dinh Trong, Cong Phuong, Xuan Truong, Van Toan, Van Thanh, Hong Duy, Duc Chinh, Xuan Manh, Van Duc, and centre back Bui Tien Dung.
This could be considered a step in Park Hang-seo’s preparations for Vietnam’s upcoming international tournaments, such as the Asian Games 2018 and the AFF Cup 2018.
The 1997-born goalie, Bui Tien Dung, will have to vie for an official place in the national team against the two experienced keepers, Dang Van Lam (Hai Phong club) and Nguyen Tuan Manh (Sanna Khanh Hoa club).
In addition to putting faith in young players, Park has also selected some other experienced players, namely Thanh Trung, Que Ngoc Hai, Vu Minh Tuan, and veteran striker Nguyen Anh Duc.
The result of the match with Jordan will affect the world ranking of Vietnam next month.
- Coronavirus update: Virgin Australia goes into voluntary administration, China rejects calls for independent investigation, National Cabinet eases elective surgery restrictions
- Thailand's plan to send U23 team to AFF Cup offers opportunity to Vietnam
- Filip Nguyen still dreaming of playing for Vietnam
- Scaled-down World Cup qualifiers could aid Vietnam
- Vietnam’s No 1 keeper may miss chance to defend AFF Cup title
- Vietnam’s goalie Van Lam may miss chance to defend AFF Cup title
- Diplomatic missions flood Facebook with congrats to Vietnam’s historic SEA Games football gold medal
- Midfielder expected to make Vietnam national squad after injury layoff
- Vietnam’s top goalkeeper may not be released for 2020 AFF Cup by Thai club
- Calls made for FiT extension in light of pandemic dilemma
- In Vietnam, private detective considers job ‘socially significant’
- Solar power to boom after Decision 13
Park Hang-seo calls up 13 Vietnam U23s to national team have 413 words, post on dtinews.vn at March 21, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.