During a working session with the provincial authorities, Phong congratulated the provincial Party committee and authorities on their achievements in diverse areas, particularly in the preservation and upholding of culture of the Muong ethnic group.
She said the Vietnamese legislature recently held the 26th Annual Meeting of the Asia-Pacific Parliamentary Forum, opening a series of diplomatic activities in Vietnam this year.
Secretary of the provincial Party Committee Bui Van Tinh congratulated the Permanent NA Vice Chairwoman Phong, female NA deputies and chiefs of diplomatic representative missions and international organisations on the occasion of International Women’s Day (March 8).
He expressed his hope that via female ambassadors and diplomats, the images and potentials of Hoa Binh province will be introduced to foreign investors to attract more investment.
The host said the local economy grew by 9.46 percent in 2017 with an average income per capita of 40.5 million VND (1,800 USD). Hoa Binh has 51 communes meeting criteria for new-style rural areas, and 495 projects, including 35 foreign-invested ones with a total registered capital of upwards 500 million USD.
During the stay, the delegation visited and presented gifts to the provincial Centre for Social Work in Ky Son district – home to nearly 200 orphan children, the elderly, the disabled and mentally-ill, planted trees at the monument dedicated to President Ho Chi Minh in Hoa Binh hydro power plant, and offered gifts to the Museum of Muong Culture Space in Hoa Binh city.-VNA
- Hoa Binh: One more prosecuted for involvement in medical incident
- Hoa Binh promotes local fruit, farm produce
- The week of Hoa Binh Province's safe agricultural product kicks off in Big C
- Hoa Binh introduces safe farm produce in Hanoi
- Attractive tourism destinations in Hoa Binh province
- Quang Ninh, Hoa Binh tackle war-left bombs
- The Femail Face-off: They're the new all-female places to work, play and network. But... do we really need clubs just for women?
- Rudy Giuliani associate Lev Parnas told Donald Trump last year that his Ukraine ambassador was working against him – and president suggested he might fire her
- Ivanka Trump meets with female landowners on Morocco trip