Among 70 countries and territories in which Vietnamese have investments, Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar are the three biggest target markets. Laos is the biggest FDI recipient from Vietnam, having accepted $5 billion worth of registered investments.
In January 2017, Viettel received an investment license for setting up a telecom network in Myanmar – Mytel. BIDV in 2016 got a license to set up a branch in Myanmar – BIDV Yangon with charter capital of $85 million.
The dairy factory Vinamilk built in Cambodia became operational in 2016, while the Vietnam Rubber Group began processing rubber latex in 2015.
Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group is one of the biggest outward investors. In addition to a series of projects on agriculture production in Laos, in 2015 built the Attapeu international airport worth $36 million and HAGL Center worth $550 million in Myanmar.
In 2016, it kicked off the second phase of HAGL Center and joined forces with Melia Hotel to run a luxury hotel in the country.Not easy to make money
- Employee Recognition Linked to Better Business Performance
- Malaysian stolen vehicles now go to Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia; slim chance of recovery – report
- Festival day of Vietnamese longan opens in Australia
- Md. seafood businesses stand to benefit from discovery of unused guest worker visas
- Surface 3 vs. iPad Air 2: Which Is Better for Business?
- Keeping Count: An Accounting Primer for Small Businesses
- 7 Small Business Loan Myths Busted
- Small Business Find Creative Ways to Solve Financial Worries
- Most Small Business Owners Are Happy Staying Small
- For some businesses, Maryland is actually very friendly