In January, fired Google engineer James Damore filed a lawsuit alleging that Google discriminated against white men and political conservatives. On Wednesday, another former Google engineer, Tim Chevalier, sued the company for firing him for posting what he calls politically liberal content, including criticism of Damore, on Google’s internal message boards. The offending posts include comments calling Damore’s 10-page memo “misogynistic” because it argued that women were less biologically suited to be engineers, as well as anti-Trump and anti-racist memes, and a link to an external blog post where Chevalier wrote that “white boys” expect privilege and feel threatened if they don’t receive it. Chevalier, who is queer and transgender, worked as a site-reliability engineer for Google from December 2015 to November 2017. The lawsuit, filed in San Francisco Superior Court, offers a new window into the simmering culture war inside Google over diversity. Chevalier’s posts appear more than a dozen times in Damore’s lawsuit as examples of the alleged discrimination against white men at Google, including an external blog post Chevalier wrote about punching Nazis and screenshots of Chevalier’s Twitter account where he changed his handle to “Punch All the Nazis.” Damore’s suit claims both references to punching Nazis… Read full this story
- Ex-Google employee 'sold secrets to Uber'
- Ex-Google engineer charged with trade secrets theft
- Ex-Goal employee wanted by US for bribery, theft in Syria
- Emma Waldron: I never dated ex-Google chief Eric Schmidt
- Google employees free to express views under settlement with US
- Ex-Google engineer charged with stealing trade secrets
- School employee claims she was raped by teacher
- The Huawei Google ban claims its first victim
- Ashes 2019: England preparing for fired-up James Pattinson
- Ex-Thatchers employee sentenced for faking orders to steal cider
Ex-Google Employee Claims Wrongful Firing For Criticizing James Damore’s Memo have 301 words, post on www.wired.com at February 20, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.