Discovering a new European-themed bookstore in townHoang Phong A 3,000-square-meter bookstore featuring a miniature European city has come into operation on the third floor of Van Hanh Mall, the largest commercial center in District 10, offering a new reading space for bookworms and budget-conscious readers in HCMC. The newly-operated bookstore is dubbed as a European book city where visitors can see crossroads and road signs named after William Shakespeare, Victor Hugo, Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel, Aristoteles and Voltaire, as well as other famous figures. Around 100,000 books ranging from children’s works, novels, and literature, economic, business and foreign books are carefully arranged on the differently shaped shelves, which have sparked interest in reading among kids. It may take visitors around an hour to take a stroll around the bookstore comprising different areas such as book shelves, private reading spaces, book café, kid’s corner and other stalls selling stationery and souvenirs. Nguyen An Tiem, deputy head of the Vietnam Publishing Association, told the Daily that the launch of the modern-designed bookstore is aimed to nurture reading culture among city dwellers and catch up with the global trend. “I hope more cultural activities and programs will be held for readers to… Read full this story
- New at the Old Town Farmers’ Market: A farm-to-table cafe with burgers, burritos
- Could Pelicans make New Orleans a basketball town? 'If you win they will come'
- Facebook takes out ads to tout new European Union data protection law
- Dunkin' Donuts Unveils New Space-Themed Coolattas, Donut
- Oculus announces new privacy dashboard and policy ahead of new European regs
- Lego Education’s Unveils New Space-Themed Sets for Annual Competition
- Spotify's new refugee-themed playlist is being criticized by some people for being in bad taste
- Archaeologists discover new Dead Sea Scrolls cave
- Facebook announces new European privacy controls, for the world
Discovering a new European-themed bookstore in town have 315 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at February 1, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.