Hanoi, HCMC among 10 cheapest cities in Southeast AsiaNguyen Quy Hanoi and HCMC, Vietnam’s two biggest cities, have recently made the list of the top 10 cities for budget-conscious backpackers in Southeast Asia for 2018, according to a survey conducted by Numbeo, the world’s largest database of user contributed data providing current and timely information on the costs of living at leading cities worldwide. The Cost of Living Index 2018 released by the news site www.numbeo.com ranks HCMC 9th among the 10 most affordable cities in the region while the capital city grabbed the 8th spot. Furthermore, the index also reveals that the cost of living in HCMC is higher than in Hanoi. The survey has taken into account several factors based on the cost of restaurants, house renting, groceries and the purchasing power to come up with the average index for the cost of living in 27 major cities in Southeast Asia and unveil the list of 10 most low-priced cities in the region. A 35-year-old American man identified as Gianni from New York City told the Daily on Saturday at Bui Vien pedestrian street that compared to other Asian countries, Vietnam is an ideal destination with affordable prices… Read full this story
- China's ambitious bid for Southeast Asia hegemony
- Southeast Asia’s longest sea crossing slowly sinking in Vietnam
- Vietnam's Southeast Asia Leadership Post in 2020 to Challenge China
- Complete Hanoi, HCMC airport runway repairs by November: government
- Hanoi expands road connecting city center with Noi Bai Airport
- ACV taxis towards sole repair of Hanoi, HCMC runways
- ACV asks to fix Hanoi, HCMC runways by itself
- ASEAN host warns of threats to Southeast Asia from 'Islamic State'
- Southeast Asia Market Eyes BrahMos Missiles Jointly Made by Russia, India
- In Images: A Flying Snake of Southeast Asia
Hanoi, HCMC among 10 cheapest cities in Southeast Asia have 305 words, post on english.thesaigontimes.vn at January 24, 2018. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.