HO CHI MINH CITY — President Trump arrived in Vietnam on Friday for an economic summit where he can indulge one of his greatest passions: boasting of his commanding lead in the polls.The president is far more popular here than at home.”He’s quite different from the past presidents,” said Tran Vuong, 38, a software engineer in Vietnam’s largest city. “It’s difficult to guess what he will do and that may be an effective strategy with countries like North Korea, Iran, Syria and China. And I think from the economic point of view he is also trying to do some different things.”While that might seem like faint praise, many Vietnamese view Trump’s unorthodox political style and business experience as a positive. He was well-known as a celebrity before taking office. Many of his books have been translated into Vietnamese. There is also the perception he will be tougher on Vietnam’s giant neighbor, China. The two nations have been locked in a dispute over contested islands in the South China Sea.In fact, according to a Pew Research Center poll released ahead of Trump’s 12-day, five-country trip to Asia, 58% of Vietnamese expressed confidence in Trump to “do the right thing in world affairs.” It’s a response second in Asia only to the Philippines, where… Read full this story
- North Korea: Are Trump's assumptions about the nuclear threat right?
- Trump and North Korea war of words escalates
- Terrace House: Japan's nice, calm Love Island antidote
- WHCD Comedian Michelle Wolf: Trump a ‘Pussy;’ Wants to See Jake Tapper Orgasm, Porn and Abortion Jokes Fly
- Donald Trump: ‘May God Be with the Victims’ of Texas School Shooting
- Michelle Wolf Deleted Anti-Trump, Pro-Hillary Tweets Before Her Vulgar WHCD Performance
- Play explores truth behind Jane Fonda's Vietnam photo
- Techcombank Ironman 70.3 Vietnam to take place in Danang
- Southeast Asia karate champs opens in Bac Ninh province
- Vietnam placed above Thailand in Asian Cup 2019 seed pots
Trump in Asia: They love him in Vietnam have 337 words, post on www.usatoday.com at November 10, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.