Volkswagen, Audi, Nissan, and Ford Motor Company were the big winners in the October 2017 sales race, when measured against October 2016.While VW and Audi can ascribe their successes to sport/utilities, notably the VW Atlas and Tiguan and Audi Q5 and Q7, the Ford story is as usual, about pickup trucks. The increase in F-Series sales is equal in volume to nearly 90 percent of Ford’s higher number of 11,623 more cars and trucks than last year at this time. Nissan, somewhat incongruously, had a good month with its Sentra compact, as well as its hot, and expanded, Rogue sport/utility line.American Honda, which recorded a slight increase last month, says it’s mostly due to car sales, not SUV sales. Civic and Accord both outsold CR-V in October. The Honda results, at least, and maybe the Nissan Sentra show there’s still life in the compact and midsize sedan segments, and that perhaps the surge in SUV popularity isn’t a permanent thing.GM attributes its fairly small decline to continued discipline on fleet sales, and says its retail market share has topped 17 percent for three consecutive months, for the first time since 2011.One somewhat disturbing trend is that big luxury sedans, specifically… Read full this story
- All-New 2020 Fifth-Generation Honda City To Launch On July 15 In India
- New Honda City sedan to launch in India on 15th July
- This week in Auto: Indian EV startups beat slowdown to raise capital
- Large Python Curls Up Around Honda Unicorn — Nightmare Or Survival Instinct?
- Steam Summer Sale: PC Game Deals That Actually Beat Steam's Prices
- Green shoots: Rural auto demand to avert FY21 wipeout
- Real Housewives Of New York City: Tinsley Mortimer moves to Chicago for boyfriend Scott Kluth and QUITS series midseason
- New Ford Bronco test video reveals tricky off-road tech
- Pukekohe racing prodigy wins Formula Ford, as Covid-19 scuttles final race
- Ford Bronco reservations start July 13. Here's how much it costs to get one
October 2017 Auto Sales: Ford Moves F-Series, Honda Moves Its Sedans have 336 words, post on www.automobilemag.com at November 1, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.