Vietnam have been drawn in Group D, alongside Australia, Syria and the Republic of Korea (reigning runners-up), as the draw of the 2018 AFC U23 Championship finals was conducted in China on October 24. This will be the last AFC U23 Championship for the 1995-born players like Cong Phuong (number 10). The ceremony featured the attendance of representatives from the 16 qualified teams, which were drawn into four groups of four teams. The teams were seeded according to their performance in the 2016 AFC U23 Championship finals and in the qualification of the 2018 tournament.This is the second time that Vietnam have made their way to the AFC U23 Championship final tournament. The team qualified as one of the five best second-placed teams in the qualification round, finishing behind the leader, the Republic of Korea, in Group I.Two other representatives of Southeast Asia, Thailand and Malaysia, face a similar situation as they have been drawn into groups of tough opponents.Thailand join reigning champions Japan, the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea and Palestine in Group B, while Malaysia were drawn in Group C, together with 2016 third-place finisher Iraq, Jordan and Saudi Arabia. Group A features hosts China, Uzbekistan, Omar and… Read full this story
- Vietnam U23 in No.1 seed group for AFC
- India's AFC U16 Championship Group C fixtures & dates announced
- ISL 2018 : Sunil Chhetri calls final against Chennaiyin as the most important game of his life
- Bibiano Fernandes wants to shift India U-16 focus to AFC U-16 Finals
- Srikanth, Sindhu and Saina Carry India's hopes at 2018 Badminton Asia Championships
- When is the 2018 A-League Grand Final Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory?
- Real Madrid vs. Liverpool: Betting Odds For The 2018 UEFA Champions League Final
- Live stream and TV guide for how to watch the 2018 A-League Grand Final Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory
- JDT relishing chance to face new teams in the 2018 AFC Cup
- AFC U16 Championship draw to take place on April 25
Vietnam drawn in tough group at 2018 AFC U23 Championship finals have 330 words, post on en.nhandan.org.vn at October 25, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.