The future goal is a visa-free policy for Vietnamese tourists to Taiwan Taiwan is going full steam ahead with its efforts to lure more Vietnamese tourists. Just last month, Taiwan participated in at least three tourism promotion events in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. The Taiwanese delegation attending the International Travel Expo HCMC 2017 (ITE HCMC 2017) in early September consisted of nearly 90 members including government officials and travel agents. Tony Wu, director of Taiwan Tourism Bureau Kuala Lumpur Office, said that with 40 tourism companies attending, this year’s event saw a sharp increase in the number of Taiwanese enterprises participating in the expo. The Taiwanese government is also piloting a program involving the partial sponsorship of tours from Vietnam to Taiwan organized by Taiwanese enterpisese in Vietnam for their Vietnamese employees. A visa-free program for Vietnamese tourists is also among the Taiwan tourism sector’s biggest goals, as director general of the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office in Ho Chi Minh City David Kuang-Chung Liang affirmed at a meeting with the local press at ITE HCMC 2017. According to Tony Wu, by the end of this year, Vietnam and Taiwan are expected to reach a mutual milestone of more than one million of tourists visiting… Read full this story
- Flores to attract tourists with first-ever seafood festival
- End of the road: What is it about Japan's Aokigahara Forest that attracts tourists?
- Purbalingga holds ‘Chased by Sumanto the cannibal’ race to attract tourists ...
- Bondowoso named 'Megalithic City' to attract tourists
- Homestay entrepreneurs urged to be more creative in attracting tourists
- Have more night-time cultural shows to attract tourists: Mukhriz
- Thailand suspends salvage effort in tourist boat disaster that killed 46
- Bedulu village attracts tourists to Bali with 'a day in the life' concept
- Susi wants Muara Baru to attract tourists with new fish market
- Indonesia to attract tourists with game fishing tournaments
Taiwan puts a lot of effort into attracting tourists from Vietnam have 323 words, post on tuoitrenews.vn at October 21, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.