- DPM visits US Centers for Disease Control, Prevention
- Localities urged to breed poultry and cattle in a responsible manner to curb epidemics
- Outlooks and Institutional & Policy Solutions for Developing Cattle Husbandry into Major Livestock Sector in Vietnam
- Intensified measures to combat foot-and-mouth disease
- Managers surprised by rapid spread of blue-ear pig disease
Hanoi (VNA) – The cattle foot-and-mouthdisease type A has been put under control in the country with only one hotbedleft in Ia Sal Commune, Ayum Pa Town in the Central Highlands province of GiaLai as of August 11, according to the Department of Animal Health.
Avian influenzas and blue ear in pigs have also been curbedwith no new outbreak reported.
The department advised localities at high risk offoot-and-mouth disease, especially those having cattle breeding facilities, toincrease inspections for early detection of suspected outbreaks, set tightercontrol on livestock transportation and slaughtering, and get all cattlevaccinated.
It urged cities and provinces nationwide to intensifyinspections to prevent the smuggling of poultry into Vietnam and impose strictpenalties on breaches. The risk of new outbreaks still remains as new types ofavian influenzas like A/H7N9, A/H5N2 and A/H5N8 can enter the country throughillegal trading of poultry with no clear origin at the border.
The localities also need to keep a close watch on theirherds of pigs and strictly conform to quarantine regulations for safetransporting of pigs and pork products.-VNA
Cattle foot-and-mouth disease put under control have 200 words, post on en.vietnamplus.vn at 2017-08-12 01:39:30. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.