The anti-mass migration Danish People’s Party (DF) and the Danish Conservatives are considering backing legislation to toughen the border with Sweden due to the high number of Islamists in the country.The ruling Danish Liberal Alliance have said they will consider the proposal but say it may do more harm than good. The two right-wing parties cited a new study in Sweden which alleged there has been an “explosive increase” in the number of Islamists and say tougher border checks with Sweden could prevent potential terrorism, Berlingske reports. Liberal Alliance MP Laura Lindahl said the party believed in the past that border controls were not advantageous to ordinary citizens. She said the government would task a team of experts to determine the threat of Islamic extremism from Sweden before making any concrete moves to control the border. “There must be a real threat there to make it worth introducing border controls measured against the disadvantages this entails for ordinary people who every day cross the border to carry out their jobs,” Lindahl said. Earlier this month, the Swedish intelligence agency Sapo said mass migration had greatly increased the numbers of Islamists in the country. In 2010, it was thought that there were only around 200 jihadist… Read full this story
- Denmark Wants Permanent Border Controls to Stop Immigration, Islamist Terrorism
- Venezuelan migrants face tougher border policy in Peru
- Insecurity: Group calls for establishment of Border Control Enforcement Agency
- 'IAF knew govt considering cross-border air strikes'
- Frontex launches new EU border control mission Operation Themis
- Home Office is forced to defend itself after new Channel 4 series Smuggled showed British pensioner sneak past UK border controls in mobile home - as viewers blast show for 'insensitivity' in wake of Essex migrant tragedy
- Air passengers face delays due to strikes and tighter border controls
- Palmer Luckey is developing new border control technology
- No-deal Brexit would mean Irish border controls, says EU's Juncker
- Germany Needs A 'New Approach, Actual Border Controls' - AfD Official
Denmark Considers Tougher Border Controls With Sweden Because of Islamist Threat have 340 words, post on www.breitbart.com at June 30, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.