A GRIEVING mum has shared heartbreaking photos of her two babies who were stillborn just nine months apart.
Carol Bennett’s lost Aliya 22 weeks into her pregnancy in September 2015 and then Jordan, nine months later, after 16 weeks last June.
The Mirror Online reports how medics had been unable to explain what caused the stillbirths in such quick succession.
They could also not determine if the same could happen in the future.
The mum has two older children, Aiden, 13, and Jamie, 12, but Aliya and Jordan are her partner John’s first children.
Devastated Carol, 31, said: “It was absolutely surreal; a devastating and traumatic time that no mother should have to go through once, never mind twice.”
The two babies are buried together at Coltswood Cemetery in Coatbridge, Lanarkshire.
Carol told how little Aliya survived for 35 minutes when “doctors were expecting her to pass away right away”.
She added: “It was just nine months later when I lost Jordan after only 16 weeks and three days.
“Aliya and Jordan were their dad John’s only kids, so it was extremely tough on him. But the whole family were a brilliant support and helped us through it.”
Carol is now raising money for Angel Wings which helps provide cuddle cots – a cooling system that preserves stillborn babies.
It allows their parents to grieve and spend time with their children.
She aims to raise £1,600 for the charity.
- 'Bachelor' Alum Vienna Girardi Just Suffered A Heartbreaking Miscarriage Of Twins
- Why This Grieving Mother Is Saying 'Don't Let People Kiss Your Baby'
- Where Do Babies Come From Anyway?
- Monthly Garden Calendar for Northern Tier United States
- Gift Guide 2013: Photo and video gadgets
- 32 tips and tricks for Google Photos
- Kourtney Kardashian Posts First Pic Of Son Reign
- This Fit Blogger's Selfies Prove That Everybody Bloats
- ‘I’ve Had Multiple Miscarriages—Here’s What I Wish People Knew About Supporting a Friend Going Through One'
- What It's Like to Survive a Deadly Disease
- Are You Raising Another Man's Child?
- The Secret Life of Rachel Weisz
Grieving mum shares heartbreaking photos of her two babies who were stillborn nine months apart have 329 words, post on www.thesun.ie at March 2, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.