QUáº¢NG NINH – A tourist cruise boat burst into flames on Sunday midnight when docking at Tuáº§n ChÃ¢u Port in northern Quáº£ng Ninh Province. Two people on board escaped just in time.
The flames reportedly originated in the cabin of the wooden boat named Huy Lá»c QN 3883. The boat was built in 2008 with the capacity to carry 48 passengers. It was used to carry people for sightseeing in Háº¡ Long Bay.
As soon as the fire was reported, 22 firefighters and two boats were mobilised to extinguish the fire, Nguyá» n Äá»©c Long, chairman of Quáº£ng Ninh Province People’s Committee, said.
A pumping boat of the Long Háº£i Transport Services Ltd Company was asked to pump water from the boat to prevent it from sinking.
The case is under further investigation.
This is the third fire on wooden boats since the beginning of this year and the 14th boat fire in almost seven years on Háº¡ Long Bay. – VNS
- Ha Long boat catches fire, no injuries
- Loading and unloading of goods threatens Ha Long Bay
- Ha Long city develops sustainable tourism
- Ha Long Bay ranked in top 10 most beautiful sunrise spots in world
- Ha Long Bay cruise delights on Viet Nam tourist trail
- Cruise ship catches fire on Ha Long Bay, nobody hurt
- Ha Long is beautiful: A surreal trip on Paloma Cruise inspired by 'Kong: Skull Island'
- Ha Long Bay tour boat catches fire, all safely rescued
- A Fishing Village on Ha Long Bay