Viet Nam News HCM CITY – Doctors at HCM City’s FV Hospital on Tuesday used a free fibular flap to reconstruct the lower jaw of a 61-year-old man with a necrotic mandible. Mandibular reconstruction with free fibular flap is an advanced technique that Nguyễn Quảng Đại, head of the hospital’s ear, nose and throat ward, said requires surgeons to have outstanding professional skills and cleverness to ensure an aesthetic outcome. FV Hospital’s doctors performed a seven-hour microsurgery to remove the necrotic mandible and used a portion of a fibula from the patient’s leg to reconstruct a new mandible. After the surgery, he would have bone implant for dental rehabilitation on native bone and fibula flap, Đại said. The patient, from the city’s Phú Nhuận District, is expected to recover within eight weeks. Đại said this surgery has been performed on many patients with mandibular defects before. If mandibular defects are not treated by reconstruction with a fibular flap, patients have to live with disability and deformity forever, he said. Health experts said performing the surgery in the country helps reduce the number of patients going abroad. It is a difficult surgery in terms of ensuring good function and aesthetics, they…
- Twelve students rushed to hospital after man hijacked their school bus
- Cedar City hospital celebrates its New Year's baby on Jan. 2
- A Dead Cow Reportedly Hospitalized A Man After Kicking Him In The Head
- Man City youngsters thrash Man Utd in cup semi-final
- Garden City Police Arrest Man Trying To Burglarize Cars
- SMC D.A. Clears Redwood City Officers In Man's Shooting Death
- Raheem Sterling is showing why he is Manchester City's main man
- Google employees order 10-pound box of live lobsters for Burning Man meal
- Body of 17-year-old girl found near hospital four miles from car crash site
- Man with Down's Syndrome 'wasted away and died during hospital stay'
HCM City hospital reconstructs man’s jaw with fibula flap have 329 words, post on at February 15, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.