- Binh Duong Pursuing Sustainable Industrial Zone Development
- Hai Duong targets sustainable industrial park development
- Binh Duong: 20 Years of Comprehensive Development
- Inception of Project “Implementation of eco-industrial park initiative for sustainable industrial zones in Vietnam”
- Economic and Industrial Zone Development: Seeking Best Mechanisms
Binh Duong Pursuing Sustainable Industrial Zone Development
After the province was split in 1997, to develop the economy, Binh Duong province defined industry as the groundwork for breakthrough development where the nucleus is construction of infrastructure system of centralised industrial parks, with industrialisation and urbanisation serving as development leverage. Industrial zone construction policy and “rolling out the red carpet to welcome investors” investment policy are wise and right policies of the provincial government. The formation of industrial parks gave a strong boost to industrial development and facilitated trade, service and urbanisation development.
The planning and establishment of industrial zones gained public consensus and support of local people. Thus, the province now has 28 industrial parks with a total area of 9,500 ha, of which 25 industrial parks covering 7,539.9 ha are placed under the management of the Binh Duong Industrial Zones Authority. 23 industrial parks with a combined area of nearly 6,984 ha have gone into operation and investment capital for their technical infrastructure construction was VND9,316.25 billion, accounting for 72.34 per cent of total approved funds. Occupancy rate is 53 per cent, higher than the average of the country (48 per cent).
With modern infrastructure and stable socioeconomic background, Binh Duong province licensed 19,810 domestic business entities with an aggregate registered capital of VND145,049 billion and 2,525 foreign companies with a total registered capital of over US$21.9 billion. Local industrial parks housed 1,050 foreign direct investment (FDI) projects with a total registered capital of US$7.7 billion and 430 domestic direct investment (DDI) projects capitalised at VND33,000 billion.
Investment projects in industrial parks meet development plans of the province and are quickly deployed after being licensed. Business performance in the province has grown year after year, thus contributing to the local overall industrial growth. Spiritual and material life of labourers is guaranteed by local authorities. Environmental protection in industrial parks is also ensured.
With remarkable achievements in construction and development of industrial parks, the Binh Duong Industrial Zones Authority was awarded many certificates of appreciation and medals from the government. These recognitions are also a source of inspiration and encouragement and a great motivation for the authority’s leadership and staff to have stronger will and determination to achieve better results, especially in investment attraction in industrial zones.
From now till 2020, the Party, government and people of Binh Duong province are determined to carry out the Resolution of the 10th Provincial Party Congress (2015-2020 term), which underlined the objective of making Binh Duong a centrally governed civilised, prosperous city before 2020. To achieve this goal, the Party, the government and people of the province must utilise all opportunities and advantages, resolve to overcome all difficulties and challenges, and unite together for common goals. And, efforts of the Binh Duong Industrial Zones Authority will play an important role. On behalf of the Binh Duong Provincial Party Committee, I suggest that the Binh Duong Industrial Zones Authority will:
– Continue to raise the political stuff of officials and public servants and strengthen the apparatus to enhance performance; constantly provide training and retraining in professional competence and foreign languages to better meet integration and development requirements.
– Effectively carry out administrative reform, especially administrative procedures under the one-stop single-window mechanism, to quickly and timely settle administrative procedures for businesses and investors; increase meetings and dialogues with investors, seek solutions to overcome all difficulties to help enterprises to enhance competitiveness and better the investment environment in the province.
– Continue to rapidly and sustainably develop industrial zones; focus on attracting investment capital into value-added and high-tech industries, develop clean industries to add value to products and protect the environment; modernise technological to improve product quality of enterprises to increase competitiveness in the international economic integration; focus on building quality human resources, improving living standards and cultural life for workers, building good labour relations and protect the environment.
Achievements in the 1995-2020 period are an important platform for the province to successfully develop industrial zones in the near future. Favourable geographical location, dynamism and creativity of tenants in industrial parks, and the administration of the province will accelerate and sustain industrial zone development.
Mr Tran Van Nam
Secretary of Binh Duong Provincial Party Committee