In his first one-on-one television interview since being sworn in as the 45th president of the United States, President Donald Trump told ABC News anchor David Muir that Mexico would be paying for the proposed border wall and that negotiations between the two nations would begin “relatively soon.” “Ultimately, it will come out of what’s happening with Mexico … and we will be in a form reimbursed by Mexico, which I’ve always said,” Trump said. President Trump Expected to Announce Steps on Border WallDonald Trump Promise Tracker: Where His Pledges Stand During the interview, which took place at the White House this morning, Trump said that Mexico would pay the U.S. back “100 percent.” He confirmed that U.S. taxpayer dollars would be used to start the construction but said reimbursement would follow. “All it is, is we’ll be reimbursed at a later date from whatever transaction we make from Mexico,” he said. “I’m just telling you there will be a payment. It will be in a form, perhaps a complicated form. What I’m doing is good for the United States. It’s also going to be good for Mexico. We want to have a very stable, very solid Mexico.” When asked… Read full this story
- Elon Musk's SpaceX stands in the way of Trump's border wall
- Prof on US Border Wall Construction: 'Debate Is Not About Policy But Symbolism'
- Donald Trump visits US-Mexico border amid impasse over wall funding
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump calls for unity as he doubles down on pledge to build Mexico border wall
- US to build part of Texas border wall
- As clock ticks, new hurdle emerges in US border security talks
- Government Shutdown Day 12: Trump Doesn't Budge as Americans Begin to Struggle
- Trump threatens national emergency over Mexico wall impasse
- As US shutdown nears record length, Trump weighs declaring emergency
- State of the Union address 2019: Donald Trump calls for end to 'decades of political stalemate'
President Trump: Construction of border wall will begin in months have 339 words, post on abcnews.go.com at January 25, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.