- Cuban President Raul Castro begins state visit to Mexico
- President Tran Dai Quang begins State visit to Singapore
- President Tran Dai Quang begins State visit to Brunei and visits the Vietnamese Embassy
- President Tran Dai Quang begins State visit to Brunei
- President Tran Dai Quang begins State visit to Brunei and the Vietnamese Embassy
Singaporean President Tony Tan Keng Yam is making an official visit to Cambodia from January 8th to 11th.
In a press statement, the Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said Dr Tan will visit Phnom Penh and Siem Reap in Cambodia at the invitation of King Norodom Sihamoni.
President Tony Tan Keng Yam met with Cambodian Prime Minister Samdech Hun Sen on January 9th. The leaders witnessed the signing of two memoranda of understanding on vocational training and healthcare.
Earlier, the President paid tribute at the Independence Monument in Phnom Penh.
The visit reaffirms Singapore’s warm and long-standing relations with the country, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a statement.
He will then head on to Vientiane and Luang Prabang in Laos at the invitation of President Bounnhang Vorachith, before returning to Singapore on January 14th.
Dr Tan is the second Singapore head of state to make a state visit to the two ASEAN member countries. The first was his predecessor S R Nathan, who visited Cambodia and Laos over a decade ago in 2003./.
Compiled by BTA