(VOVworld) – Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe held a press conference on Monday to discuss his visit to Vietnam. He said that the Red River runs from Hanoi to the East Sea and the East China Sea which connects with Tokyo Bay.
Nothing can obstruct free passage along this route and Japan and Vietnam are connected by free ocean, Abe said. He added that the Philippines, Indonesia, and Australia, which he also visited on this trip, are important neighbors of Japan who together share the free Pacific Ocean and fundamental values. The principles of maritime security and safety, and freedom of navigation are very important and the law must be fully obeyed.
- Critics Wary of Beijing's Pick to Enforce Hong Kong Security Law
- Donald Trump says he 'will live' with 'very powerful' Supreme Court ruling which gives landmark protections to gay and trans people despite his administration fighting move
- BBC Music magazine columnist calls for 'crudely jingoistic' songs Rule, Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory to be scrapped from Last Night of the Proms because they are 'insensitive' in wake of BLM movement
- Pubs and restaurants blast 'unworkable' rules that mean groups of friends from more than two households will be BANNED from sitting together... so what else can or can't YOU do after 'unlockdown' on July 4?
- China slams 'clanking' Scott Morrison for 'meddling' in its affairs as PM offers visas to Hong Kong citizens who want to flee the island after Beijing's draconian crackdown
- Pompeo's South China Sea statement mirrors abuse of international law
- JK Rowling joins Margaret Atwood, Salman Rushdie, Noam Chomsky and Martin Amis among 150 authors and academics in call to defend free speech - after Harry Potter creator suffered barrage of abuse for voicing views on trans issues
- Police terror and the theatre of law
- China passes national security law in turning point for Hong Kong
- Digital rights group Internet Freedom Foundation moves PMO, MHA against mandatory app download issue
- Japanese companies enticed by local investment climate
- PM Modi invites EU firms to invest, boost economy
Japanese PM calls for respect for rule of law to safeguard freedom of navigation have 373 words, post on at January 17, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.