- International arrivals to Hanoi increase by 44% in February
- Foreign tourists to Hanoi increase by 34% during New Year 2017 holiday
- International arrivals to Hanoi increase by 44% in February – Attractions – Travel
- Demand for office space in Hanoi increases
- International visitors to Hanoi increase by 12 percent
Most visitors came from Germany (104,900, up four times), China (76,600, up 32 percent), France (59.100 percent, up 32 percent), Japan (50,900, up 20 percent), Australia (46,400, up 7 percent), the US (31,900, up 1 percent), and the UK (31,900, up 20 percent).
The increase in the number of international tourists is attributed to various tourism events and festivals being held in Hanoi, especially the grand celebration of the 1,000th anniversary of Thang Long Hanoi and the National Tourism Year 2010.
Since the beginning of the year, Hanoi has organized many cultural and tourist activities by improving the quality of tourism products, launching campaigns like “Hanoians Welcomes Guests” and “Green Tourism Year”, and hosting a contest to select the best tourist guides. The Vietnamese ao dai (traditional long dress) Festival, Thang Long-Hanoi International Tourism 2010 and the Hanoi Culinary Arts Festival are also among the events that are aimed at attracting tourists.