- Ho Chi Minh City Tourism Day 2017 kicked off
- Vietnam Airlines and Jetstar Pacific offer discount tickets at Ho Chi Minh City travel expo
- Kong director Jordan Vogt-Roberts to relocate to Ho Chi Minh City
- No fatal traffic accident recorded in Ho Chi Minh City during Tet: police
- Thousands join 10,000-step walk to promote healthy lifestyle in Ho Chi Minh City
The concert will open with Franz von Suppé’s “Overture” from the opera Light Cavalry, and Georges Bizet’s “March and Chorus” and “Habanera” from the opera Carmen.
Excerpts from Giuseppe Verdi’s Nabucco, Aida and La Traviata; Giacomo Puccini’s Turandot; and Charles Gounod’s Romeo and Juliet will be featured as well.
The night will also include excerpts from Pietro Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana, Mikhail Glinka’s Ivan Susanin and Richard Warner’s Lohengrin.
The performance will feature South Korean soprano Cho Hae Ryong, soprano Phạm Duyên Huyên, tenor Phạm Trang and soprano Phạm Khánh Ngọc, runner-up at the 2016 International Vocal Competition SLO-ASEAN in Singapore.
They will perform along with the Ho Chi Minh City Opera Symphony Orchestra and Opera (HBSO) symphony orchestra under the baton of conductor Le Phi Phi, who has achieved great success around the world.
After graduating from Moscow’s Tchaikovsky Conservatory of Music in 1993, Phi has worked as the resident conductor of the Macedonian Philharmonic Orchestra since 2000.
He has been guest conductor of several orchestras, and conducted hundreds of performances in many countries, including Macedonia, Russia, France and Germany.
The concert will begin at 8pm at 7 Lam Sơn Square in District 1. Tickets are available at the venue.