EASTON, Pa. (AP) Cedric Hankerson made six of Boston University’s school-record 18 3-pointers in the Terriers’ 91-75 victory over Lafayette on Sunday, their fourth straight win.
Hankerson finished with 21 points with the Terriers making 18 of 34 from distance for 53 percent, better than their overall 48 percent. Eric Fanning added 18 points.
Matt Klinewski didn’t shoot a 3-pointer but scored a career-high 34 points on 12-of-17 shooting plus 10 of 12 free throws for the Leopards (6-9, 2-2). Nick Lindner made five 3-pointers and added 17 points.
The Terriers (9-7, 4-0) split their 18 3-pointers over both halves with a 14-3 run to end the first half leaving them ahead 45-33.
Lafayette was within nine midway through the second half before a 20-5 run by BU, capped by a Hankerson 3-pointer with 5:36 to go for an 84-60 lead.
The 18 3-pointers match the league record reached four times previously.
- University College School with second-best set of A-level results in history
- Case Study: The university hub delivering record exam results for school pupils
- School Sport: University College School retain Middlesex Cup title
- Ulster University Business School joins elite US group
- University College School Hampstead student sets sights on Olympic Games sailing place
- Indian troops martyr 291 Kashmiris including 18 young boys in 2017
- France to make school compulsory from the age of three
- France to make school compulsory from the age of three to 'tackle terrorism'
- Strike-hit university law school turns to last year’s recorded lectures
- PHOTOS: Hundreds turnout for schools' recorder concert