- Known for jokes and insults, Boris Johnson takes helm of British diplomacy
- Boris Johnson will not run for Britain’s Prime Minister
- The meeting of the Key Economic Region Development Coordination Committee is aimed at fostering regional links
- APEC’s Senior Officials Meeting agrees on key proposals
- National Assembly Meets to Review Key Laws
UK Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson has arrived in New York to meet with some of Donald Trump’s closet advisers and senior Congressional leaders.
The discussion will be focused on UK – U.S relations and other foreign policy matters.
It was the first formal face-to-face meeting between members of the incoming US Administration and a UK Minister.
On November 10th, Boris Johnson is due to travel to Washington where he will meet senior Republicans from Congress for more foreign policy discussions with Mr Trump’s closest allies.
Mr Johnson’s visit comes hours after Mr Trump tweeted he is “very much” looking forward to meeting Theresa May in the spring.
Boris Johnson, born in 1964, is a popular historian, author, and journalist. He has been Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs since July 2016, and has served as the Member of Parliament (MP) for Uxbridge and South Ruislip since 2015./.
Compiled by BTA