The temperature is predicted to hover around 36-39 degrees Celsius in several days, which is one degree lower than that of April 12, 37-40 degrees Celsius on average, Cuong said.
The highest temperature this week was recorded in Ba To District of Quang Ngai, a central province, at 41.1 degrees Celsius, followed by Dong Ha, the capital city of the central province of Quang Tri, at 41 degrees Celsius.
The climatic phenomenon is expected to last until April 17, he noted.
Le Dinh Quyet, from the Hydro-Meteorological Observatory of the Southern Region, said that Binh Phuoc, a southern province, has experienced the highest overall temperature, over 38 degrees Celsius, among the southern localities since the dry season.
On April 12, temperatures in Dong Phu District, Binh Phuoc, hit 38.5 degrees Celsius, and it is now as hot as 38.4 degrees Celsius, Quyet said.
“Compared to the same period last year, the overall temperature is 0.5-1 degrees Celsius higher,” he said when mentioning the temperature in southern Vietnam.
“This can last for five to seven days from now,” he predicted, adding that the temperature would probably be 37.7 degrees Celsius in Ho Chi Minh City during the period.
The scorching weather condition has severely affected kids’ healthin the southern metropolis in recent times, causing them to suffer from respiratory problems and diarrhea.
The northern region, including Hanoi, will be covered with rains as cold air will spread to the area on April 17 night, Cuong said, adding that hail and gusts may occur in regional mountainous places.
The temperature will decline dramatically from April 18 due to the climatic event, Cuong said.
- Drought & hot weather still hits central southern region
- Low pressure system to bring downpours to central, southern Vietnam
- Fire erupts again at garment company in southern Vietnam
- Blazing heat set to overwhelm northern Vietnam
- Extreme weather keeps battering Vietnam
- Typhoon threatens central and southern Vietnam
- Muggers on southern Vietnam buses leave authorities powerless
- River-encroaching project in southern Vietnam should be scrapped as it breaks laws: experts
- Second province in southern Vietnam declares emergency over erosion
- Extreme weather keeps battering Viet Nam
- Hot weather likely behind the massive lobster die-off in southern Vietnam
- Fire tears through southern Vietnam city, destroys 3 homes
Blazing weather keeps affecting central, southern Vietnam have 354 words, post on english.vov.vn at January 16, 2017. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.