Last week, the House Committee on Science, Space, and Technology tweeted out an anti-climate science propaganda article as a slam against “alarmists.” Unfortunately, there’s plenty of reason to be alarmed, as the Weather Channel has laid out effectively (with a text-based rebuttal, as well), after one of their segments was disingenuously used to bolster the article’s claims.I’ll admit that there are plenty of people who shout, “Climate change!” at everyday weather events, just like there are people who shout, “There’s no such thing as climate change!” when it snows. However, the House Science Committee’s twitter campaign against “alarmists” is extremely disingenuous. First, they article they tweeted points to “alarmists” in its headline as though it’s an attempt to be level-headed, but in reality, its content is all-out climate science denial.Second, the only outcome of crusading against “alarmists” is to embolden the science deniers. There’s nothing to be gained from being less concerned about climate change, which is happening due to human activity, as admitted by the author of another article they tweeted out to slam the “alarmists.” It’s important to make sure data isn’t misleading, but labeling people “alarmists” only serves to discredit everything, including the legitimate data, whether it’s intentional or not—not to mention that… Read full this story
- Housing slowdown fear despite upbeat CSO data
- Eco-Schools Gozo Diocesan Committee meets the Bishop of Gozo
- Met Office predicts a miserable weather to start school holidays
- Is this what you'd expect from an old school house?
- County committee to start climate talks
- St Albans school reduces energy use to combat climate change
- Weather: Half of school holidays to be wet, windy, miserable
- Surf is the word at high school's science fair
- School students walk out in global climate strike
- UN talks back climate report without targets
Weather Channel Meteorologist Schools House Science Committee on Cherry-Picked Climate Data have 321 words, post on www.themarysue.com at December 8, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.