- Japan Awards Rising Sun Order to Former Deputy PM Pham Gia Khiem
- Chairman of Vietnam-Japan Friendship Association receives Rising Sun Order
- “Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun” decorated former Vietnamese Deputy Prime Minister
- Vietnamese awarded Japan’s Rising Sun order
- Laos presents Friendship Orders to Vietnamese officials
Japanese Ambassador to Vietnam Kunio Umeda presented the reward to Rua, who was former Politburo member, former Party Central Committee Secretary and former head of the Party Central Committee’s Organisation Commission and former Chairman of the Vitnam-Japan Friendship Parliamentarians’ Group, in Hanoi on December 28.
Speaking at the cereminy, the Japanese ambassador said Rua had contributed significantly to the close relations between Vietnamese and Japanese parliarmentarians and to the sides’ joint projects.
He hoped for for further cooperation and assistance from Rua as Chairman of the Vietnam-Japan Friendship Association and honorary rector of the Vietnam-Japan University (VJU).
Expressing his honour to receive the order, Rua said he believes in the robust growth of the Vietnam – Japan strategic partnership for peace and prosperity in Asia.