For the sixth consecutive year, the U.S. economy has had increasing job growth every single month as it continues its gradual rebound from The Great Recession. In fact, the streak of job growth extended to 74 months in November 2016. Meanwhile, the nation’s unemployment rate dropped to a nine-year low of 4.6%. Here are four recruiting trends that defined 2016. America’s (got a) talent crunch Consistent job growth in 2016 has further fueled America’s talent crunch. Employers continue to struggle finding qualified candidates with current, relevant work experience in specialized fields. This is especially true for job openings in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM)-related fields. The result has led major corporations to launch employer-branded digital media campaigns. GE’s “What’s the Matter with Owen” praises the company as providers of world-changing jobs in an effort to attract the best job candidates for software positions. In addition to digital media campaigns on national television and YouTube, employers have made full use of available work visas to import the talent they need. Some companies have more heavily turned to mentorship programs to develop the talent they need. For example, Lisa Carnoy, New York City market president of Bank of America, launched an… Read full this story
- Why the recruiting industry had its best NFL Draft in 2020
- Digital Trends Live: COVID-19 tracking, Hubble turns 30, and more
- Pac-12 winners, losers, trends and takeaways from the 2020 NFL Draft
- Government jobs to be reserved for domiciles of J&K, says Centre
- Did 2020 NFL Draft show California talent is trending down?
- Job moratorium only for certain posts in universities, says Haryana Chief Minister
- Third order effects of coronavirus on military recruiting and retention
- Job hunting in the time of Covid-19
- Your annual PSA: Why recruiting rankings matter
- 8 tips for rewriting your CV from recruitment experts
Four job recruiting trends that defined 2016 have 315 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at December 28, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.