Hanoi (VNA) – The coffee industry is restructuring itself to raise productivity, quality and value, according to the Vietnam Coffee and Cocoa Association. Under the programme, the area under coffee is being kept at 600,000ha and there is a focus on planting new trees with higher productivity and quality, Luong Van Tu, the association’s chairman, said. The industry would work to increase exports of processed coffee to achieve revenues of 5-6 billion USD by 2030, he said. That would mean increasing the ratio of processed coffee from the current 10 percent to 30-40 percent. Speaking at a recent seminar titled “Future Development of Vietnam Coffee Industry towards 2030”, Doan Xuan Hoa, former deputy director of the Department of Processing and Trade for Agro-Forestry-Fisheries Products and Salt Production, said the coffee industry has developed strongly in the last 10 years, exporting 1.2-1.5 million tonnes worth 1.7-1.8 billion USD a year and accounting for 15-20 percent of the country’s agricultural exports. Vietnam is the world’s second largest coffee exporter and leads the world in Robusta coffee production and export. But the exports remain in the form of unprocessed beans with little value addition. The industry is facing several problems like small scale… Read full this story
- Bulletproof Coffee: Debunking the Hot Buttered Hype
- Sir Philip Green admits his shops didn't adapt to changing high street
- Top oil firms spending millions lobbying to block climate change policies, says report
- Vanuatu says it may sue fossil fuel companies and other countries over climate change
- Tim Cook Says If You Can Afford Nice Coffee You Can Buy a $1,000 Phone
- Jaromir Jagr drops his daily 10 cups of coffee for Lent
- ‘The Ultimate Fighter’ Episode 2 Preview: A revolt is brewing
- How ‘Bar Rescue’ star Jon Taffer helped changed the way we watch the NFL
- Twins brew up self-serve beer for All Star Game
- Verlander-Victorino feud brewing?
Changes brew in coffee industry have 324 words, post on english.vov.vn at December 12, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.