Chairman of the UCA Board of Directors Pham Minh Tuan said the union is coordinating with nearly 200 cooperatives nationwide to sell safe products. UCA plans to build 50 – 100 similar supermarkets in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City and other localities nationwide by 2017, he said, adding that the union will seek partners in overseas markets to bring the commodities abroad.
President of the Vietnam Cooperative Alliance (VCA) Vo Kim Cu said farm produce sold at the UCA supermarket chain is strictly controlled by VCA chapters across the country from producing, harvesting and processing stages to packaging and tracing the products’ origin.
President of the Vietnam Fatherland Front (VFF) Central Committee Nguyen Thien Nhan suggested expanding this model nationwide while encouraging farmers to join the UCA. He hoped the UCA will sign contracts with foreign partners to sell Vietnamese farm produce to the markets from now to March 2017.
In the next four years, the VFF will support the UCA to build a chain of supermarkets and create a safe farm produce retail channel. According to VTPCA Director Dao Van Ho, the centre will also coordinate with the National Agro-Forestry-Fisheries Quality Assurance Department to take samples of all products sold at the market for safety testing.
The move aims to provide visitors with knowledge on residues of pesticides, preservatives and other banned substances in foods. The supermarkets are held following the success of the programme “Dia chi xanh – Nong san sach” (Green outlets – Safe farm produce) by the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Supermarket for safe farm products opens in Hanoi
- Safe farm produce supermarkets open in Hanoi
- Safe farm produce week launched in Hanoi
- Fifth safe farm products supermarket in Hanoi opens
- Son La strawberry, farm produce week opens in Hanoi
- Son La Longan and Safe Farm Produce Week 2019 in Hanoi
- Safe fruit & vegetables struggling to find favor
- Hanoi: more supermarket for safer farm products to be opened - My HaNoi
- Chains of safe agricultural produce set up