The Bengaluru Palace had turned a fortress as preparations for Janardhana Reddy‘s daughter Brahmini Reddy’s wedding were underway over the last few days. The family arrived in Bengaluru on Saturday and the lavish wedding ceremonies started on Sunday evening.
[Also Read: A Rs 500 crore wedding? Demonetise that!]
Heavy security continues to be deployed at the venue. Sunday was musical night for families of the Bride and Groom and their guests. Massive stage with heavy lighting in colorful themes was set up. Hundreds of dancers performed to film music with special performances by Janardhana Reddy’s son and the couple themselves.
The 4 day affair is expected to see politicians, businessmen and celebrities alike. Taking lavish to a different level, Janardhana Reddy’s team of designers have turned the Bengaluru Palace and its surrounding into the ancient kingdom of Vijayanagar with a temple, market street, an entire village set and 2 makeshift houses for the families of the Bride and the Groom.
Being touted as a nauseating display of wealth at a time when the country is reeling under the crisis of demonetisation, unofficial estimates peg the wedding at Rs 500 crore. The marriage ceremony is slated to take place on November 16 inside the grand set of a temple from Hampi.
Reddy’s family members estimate the number of guests at 50,000 with performances by Bollywood actors including Shah Rukh Khan. Close confidante of Janardhana Reddy and MP from Karnataka, Sriramulu is looking after the arrangements at Palace Grounds.
Speaking to the media, Janardhana Reddy said, ” I will furnish information on my income and marriage expenditure with the concerned departments within a month. Journalists can also obtain information through RTI for an interesting report”.
Considering the blatant display of wealth many prominent faces are expected to give the wedding a miss. Karnataka’s Health Minister Ramesh Kumar was the first to declare that he won’t attend the wedding.
- INKEL aims at Rs 500 crore turnover in 3 years
- In 26 days, Mumbaikars pay Rs 500 crore in property tax
- Edelweiss Financial gains 3% on ECL Finance plan to raise Rs 500 crore
- Maharashtra sugar industry demands Rs 500-crore package
- ECL Finance to raise Rs 500 crore via NCDs
- Jubilant Life falls 10% after block deal worth Rs 500 crore on NSE
- IPL Brand Value 2019: Value jumps to Rs 47,500 crore; Mumbai Indians gain; Royal Challengers fall steep
- Akshay Kumar donates Rs 1 crore for Cyclone Fani victims: Report
- Kalank likely to collect Rs 100 crore in five days but sees a sharp drop on day two
- PCBL to set up greenfield carbon black plant in Tamil Nadu for Rs 600 crore
- Indian Hotels to open 21 new hotels this year, raise Rs 1,500 crore via rights issue
- Big cos spend up to Rs 500 cr on poll funding
Rs 500 crore wedding celebrations begin in Bengaluru have 757 words, post on www.oneindia.com at November 14, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.