Politicians cutting across party lines attended the wedding celebrations of Gali Janardhana Reddy‘s daughter at palace grounds on November 15 and 16. Despite an unofficial diktat of sorts from its central leadership, prominent leaders of the BJP were seen at the wedding while many leaders who were invited chose to give it a miss.
[Also Read: Stay away from Reddy’s daughter’s wedding says BJP ]
Karnataka State President B S Yeddyurappa, Former Chief Minister Jagadish Shettar, MP Shobha Karandlaje and MLA C T Ravi were a few esteemed guests from the BJP that the wedding saw.
Union Ministers Sadananda Gowda and Ananth Kumar kept consciously away from the wedding. Central leadership of the BJP has asked its leaders to stay away from the wedding keeping in mind the cash crunch situation in the country. Sadananda Gowda’s wife Dati, however, did take part in the wedding celebrations.
Despite many congressmen slamming the BJP leaders for being part of the wedding, Congress too wasn’t far off. Despite it’s own minister in the state Ramesh Kumar condemning such lavish weddings, senior leader of the state Congress were present on Wednesday to wish the couple.
Karnataka’s Home Minister and State Congress President Dr G Parameshwar and well the state’s energy minister D K Shivakumar attended the Rs 500 crore wedding. While Chief Minister Siddaramaiah chose to stay away, key congress leaders visiting palace grounds for the wedding did garner critism.
[Also Read: Rs 500 crore wedding celebrations begin in Bengaluru ]
Apart from politicians, a host of celebrities including cine actors from Telugu, Kannada and Tamil industry were in attendance.
- Coronavirus: How Covid-19 has changed the 'big fat Indian wedding'
- Do we really need these big fat Indian weddings?
- EXCLUSIVE: Zayn Malik's father refused to walk 70 yards to attend daughter Waliyha's wedding because of concerns over her new husband's criminal past
- Zayn Malik's father did not attend daughter Waliyha's wedding over her hubby's 'criminal past': report
- Couple gifts hand sanitisers, masks during wedding ritual
- Shaadi Mubarak: All the celebrity weddings of 2020
- Inside Niharika Konidela-Chaitanya’s wedding reception: Gorgeous bride shines at Hyderabad event
- Couple gifts hand sanitisers, masks during wedding ritual instead of traditional shawls, caps and coconuts
- Meghan Markle's father will NOT attend the Royal Wedding after 'suffering heart attack' and says he doesn't want to embarrass his daughter after admitting he WAS paid for staged pap pics - as he hints he is heading back to HOSPITAL
- Open-top vintage cars in demand at weddings for the royal touch
- Weddings to Die For
- Spotted: Allu Arjun slays it in black as he returns to Hyderabad after Niharika Konidela and Chaitanya Jonnalagadda's wedding in Udaipur
Look who attended the big fat Reddy wedding in Bengaluru have 752 words, post on www.oneindia.com at November 16, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.