One reason to go to any sort of convention is to take in the craftsmanship of the costumers who flock to the event, portraying their favorite characters. Some work for months to assemble their meticulous costumes, while others throw together what they have. The passion and excitement that each one brings to the convention floor is infectious.
We spent hours walking the convention floor to stop and ask costumers what appealed to them the most about the characters they were portraying, and how they put them together. Here are some of the things we learned from them: to a person, were passionate about what they had dressed up as, and readily identified with the characters they were portraying.
These 26 individual costumers represent just a fraction of the costumed characters present over the course of the weekend, but embody the excitement, enthusiasm and energy that filled the Javits Center in midtown Manhattan.
- ‘I Don’t Think the New York That We Left Will Be Back for Some Years’
- Defying Police Unions, New York Lawmakers Ban Chokeholds
- Hospitals Move Into Next Phase as New York Passes Viral Peak
- New York City to Pay Up to $75 Million Over Dismissed Summonses
- New York Detective Charged with Faking Lineup Results
- Kate Beckinsale cuts a royal figure in purple as she struts her stuff around New York City in sleek trouser suit
- How Eboni K. Williams Stayed True to Herself on The Real Housewives of New York City - E! Online
- Healing-Centered Schools Task Force Sends Recommendations Addressing Punishment, Trauma At New York City Schools
- Surest Way to Face Marijuana Charges in New York: Be Black or Hispanic
- ‘Ultra City Smiths’ Review: New York Neo-Noir, With Plastic Dolls
- Pete Townshend Performs 'Classic Quadrophenia' at New York's MET
- Housing Market Booms In New York City Suburbs As People Flee Coronavirus Epicenter
Meet the incredible cosplayers of New York Comic Con have 1759 words, post on www.theverge.com at October 9, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.