HÀ NỘI – The final railway beams of the Cat Linh-Ha Dong urban railway were inserted on Saturday, finishing the basic infrastructure of the skytrain project.
Completing this part of the project will create a viaduct system for the entire project and allow contractors to begin constructing railways, stations and trains.
According to the Ministry of Transport, funding for the project is fully prepared, so contractors can focus on speeding up construction.
It is expected that by the end of this year the project will complete construction, including all concrete work, stations, and paths. Equipment will be installed from January next year, taking about 6 months.
The railway will be open for use next September.
The elevated railway project began in 2011 with investment of US$552 million, of which US$169 million came from Chinese official development assistance.
However, in November 2014, it was announced the project would need a total of US$868 million, US$300 million more than initial estimates.
The line, constructed by the China Railway Sixth Group Co, Ltd starts at Cát LinhStreet in Đống Đa District and ends at Yên Nghĩa station in Hà Đông District.
In total, the project includes 12 stations and a depot at Phú Lương Ward in Hà Đông District.
From Hoàng Cầu Lake, the railway runs along the streets to the Yên Lãng intersection.
The elevated project has a length of 13 km. The depot at Ha Dong spans 19.6 hectares.
It has a capacity to operate 13 trains with carrier frequency of every two minutes with a maximum speed of 80 kilometres per hour, but will most likely operate at 35 kilometres per hour.–VNS
- Star Wars-style holograms move a step closer: Scientists create a floating 3D image that can produce sound and respond to your touch (but no Princess Leia)
- Chad Wolf moves one step closer to becoming acting DHS chief
- ‘It’s A Knee-Jerk Reaction’: New Jersey Moves One Step Closer To Banning Sale Of Flavored E-Cigarettes
- China's Mars ambitions one step closer after successful test of lander
- Greenhouse gas emissions: Countries a step closer to coming to an agreement
- We're One Step Closer to Being Able to Regrow a Lost Tooth
- USA and Oman a step closer to a place in the new order
- We're One Step Closer to Growing Human Organs Inside of Pigs
- The MYSTERY of how some dinosaurs got to be so massive is a step closer to being solved
- ‘Vacancy tax’ on empty SF storefronts is one step closer to Marchballot
- The Alfa Romeo 4C Is One Step Closer To Death
- Dino-Chicken Gets One Step Closer
Ha Noi’s railway a step closer to reality have 425 words, post on at October 9, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.