Secretary of the Hanoi Party Committee Hoang Trung Hai gave a present to Priest Bui Quoc Phong
On behalf of municipal leaders, he sent his best wishes to the Church and the Protestants in the city. He recognised the contributions of Catholic followers and the Church to local social, economic, and cultural development over recent years.
Vietnam is home to more than one million Protestants, who belong to over 60 separate Protestant organisations, sects and groups. The Evangelical Church of Vietnam (North) has 15 chapters and more than 100,000 followers, and is the largest Protestant organisation in the north.
The Hanoi Evangelical Church is expected to work with local agencies and departments to build a civilised and modern capital, he said. Priest Bui Quoc Phong affirmed the Protestants always strengthen solidarity to serve God and the homeland, and pray for Hanoi Capital’s prosperity.
- “Group interests” and “relative and friend capitalism” - A threat warning
- Russians, Feeling Poor and Protesting Garbage, Suffer Winter Blues
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR OCTOBER 1-10 (daily updated)
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR May 1-10 (daily updated)
- EVENTS SCHEDULED FOR AUGUST 1-10 (daily updated)
- German Film Fest to start on Sunday - Entertainment - Arts & Entertainment
- What's on March 2013 (Daily updated)
- VN's tourism in international integration
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 16/10