Following Tata Motors announcing its foray into Vietnam last year, the company along with its domestic partner TMT Motors of Vietnam, today announced the launch of its first product in the country – the Tata Super Ace mini-truck.
The Super Ace has a rated payload of 1-tonne, meeting requirements of both inter and intra-city transportation, for market loads like cement, construction items, food grains, vegetables, fruits, FMCG and white goods transportation. As the only diesel powered mini-truck in its segment, the Tata Super Ace is also offered with a petrol powered engine, for a superior fuel economy and a top speed of up to 130 kmph.
The mini-truck is currently available across seven sales points in northern Vietnam and will soon be available across the country.
Ravindra Pisharody, executive director (Commercial Vehicles), Tata Motors said, “Having officially announced our entry into Vietnam last year, we at Tata Motors are happy to announce the launch of our very first product, the Tata SuperAce mini-truck in the country today. Having sold over 1.5 million mini-trucks on the Ace platform globally so far, the Tata SuperAce has been developed based on Tata Motors deep understanding of the CV customer, for a wide range of applications. Through our partnership with TMT Motors, we are committed to shaping the commercial vehicles industry here and are determined to build a long lasting relationships with the customers, with competitive business advantages and the trusted credentials of the Tata Motors brand.”
Further, Rudrarup Maitra, head of Commercial Vehicles, International Business, Tata Motors, said, “When we first decided to enter Vietnam, we at Tata Motors were encouraged by the positivity, enthusiasm and entrepreneurship of the Vietnamese people. As one of the fastest growing economies in South East Asia, this presented us with a huge opportunity, to not only serve the future of this market, but to partner the country on that journey. With the SuperAce, we are perfectly positioned to fuel the potential growth, encouraging first time commercial vehicles customers to enter and successfully compete in the transportation space.”
Bui Van Huu, chairman, TMT Motors commented, “The Tata SuperAce will be a true partner to Vietnamese entrepreneur in every sense and is an important milestone in TMT Motors’ efforts of changing the commercial vehicle landscape in Vietnam. Tata SuperAce will help us to address a larger commercial vehicle base, providing a solution to customers for their transportation needs.”
Of late, Tata Motors is pursuing an aggressive export strategy to cushion itself from the cyclical nature of the Indian CV market. This involves both introducing new products and also expanding its footprint in key geographies.
- Amid lockdown, Tata Motors launches platform to purchase car online
- Tata Motors extends warranty for commercial vehicles globally
- Tata Motors Group sales decline 35% in Q4 FY20
- Tata Motors Extends Warranty Periods For Its Commercial Vehicle Customers Worldwide
- Tata Motors Delivers First 20 Electric Buses To West Bengal; 60 More To Be Delivered Soon
- Tata Motors Helps By Providing Necessary Supplies To Fight Against COVID-19
- Tata Motors rallies 8% despite JLR woes; here's what analysts say
- Stocks in the news: TCS, Concor, Oberoi Realty, Marico, Tata Motors and RIL
- New Tata Compact-Sedan Codenamed “Goshaq’ Under Development: To Rival The Honda Amaze
- ETAuto Originals: Great Wall Motors India takes off amid coronavirus blues!
- Renault, MG Motor & Skoda-Volkswagen Assures No Job Cuts Amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
- Kia Carnival Four Seat Configuration Model To Launch In India Next Year
Tata Motors launches Super Ace in Vietnam have 565 words, post on www.autocarpro.in at September 9, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.