BOUND BROOK - A popular family-owned retail business, which has been a staple in the community for more than 100 years, is closing its doors.Efinger Sporting Goods, 513 W. Union Ave., is closing its retail establishment by the end of the year, said Evan Greenberg, who co-owns the business with Thomas Hoey.“The business climate has changed and we felt it was time to close the doors,” he said. “It’s very sad. It’s very unfortunate for everyone involved. Our customers are everything to us. We’ve had generations of families shop here. We’ll miss them. They’ve become friends and it’s tough — you won’t see your friends all the time. They probably feel like this place is a part of them, as well.”While the retail end of the business is closing, Efinger Team, School and Corporate Sales Division, which has been supplying organizations for more than 80 years, will remain open — for now, Greenberg said.“We are going to try to continue the school and team business, which is run as a separate part of our business,” Greenberg said. “Right now it will continue to be run out of the upstairs of the Bound Brook store.” READ: Fire-damaged 25 Burgers in Bound Brook to reopen READ: Suspicious… Read full this story
- Need a job? Dick's Sporting Goods hiring for new store at Bridge Street
- Goldstock's Sporting Goods in Glenville closed 'until further notice'
- NJ football: Second-half rally lifts Point Beach over Bound Brook
- Kmart and Sears are closing 46 unprofitable stores. One of them is in the Valley
- Brookstone Filed Chapter 11 Bankruptcy, Will Close All Mall Stores
- Modell's Sporting Goods pitches in for Mid-Island Little League
- Brookstone files for bankruptcy, to close all mall stores
- Best Buy to close N.J. store in November
- Modell's Sporting Goods supporting Mid-Island LL with T-shirt fundraiser
- Dick's Sporting Goods shares crater on disappointing sales, poor outlook for 2017
Efinger Sporting Goods closing Bound Brook store have 327 words, post on www.usatoday.com at September 30, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.