Storm Dianmu has made landfall from the northern Hai Phong port city to the northern Ninh Binh province this afternoon, the National Hydrometeorological Forecast Centre said. The storm, the third of its kind to hit the country so far this year, is moving west at 15km to 20km per hour and was located off the provinces extending from Hai Phong to Ninh Binh at 10am on Friday, with a maximum wind speed of 100km per hour, the centre said. The storm caused heavy rains in some localities and rough seas with large waves of up to 6m high. The centre of the storm was located 20.4 degrees north and 105.6 degrees east, hitting the northern localities with wind speeds of 75km per hour. The meteorological centre said after hitting the mainland, the storm was expected to keep moving west at a speed of 15km to 20km per hour and then weaken into a tropical low pressure area in the next 12 to 24 hours. The northern area received heavy rains of up to 200mm to 300mm and 400mm in some areas, while mountainous localities expected flash floods and landslides. The forecast said the typhoon would become a tropical low pressure…
- Series of storms to make trouble for Lake Oroville
- 'Monster' storm: Hurricane Florence is a rare threat in an unusual location
- Ice, fire, storms and heat: Climate change is now part of our everyday lives
- Lessons for Vietnam from the EU’s imminent financial strife
- “Vietnam We Thank You–Việt Nam Cố Lên”: Touching messages from expats
- War with North Korea now 'a real possibility', warns Royal United Services Institute as nuclear crisis edges region closer to the brink
- Could Donald Trump Stumble Into Nuclear War With North Korea?
- North Korea May Also Be Developing Submarine Missiles and Biological Weapons
- Trump ‘Sentenced to Death’ by North Korea for Making Fun of Kim Jong-un
- Kim Jong-un Bans Sarcasm, in a Move That Will Definitely Stop People From Making Fun of Him
Storm Dianmu makes landfall in North Vietnam have 341 words, post on at August 19, 2016. This is cached page on VietNam Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.